For RoboCup2020, the push-recovery challenge will be replaced with a “blindfolded robot” challenge.
The main principle of this challenge is to focus on cooperation and on sharing information. It is based on the following setup:
- One robot will be blindfolded and will have to kick a ball into the goal
- A second robot from the team will observe the field and can send information to the other robot
Some of the remaining questions which need to be discussed are:
- Should we allow multiple robots to observe the scene?
- What should be the distance between the kicking robot and the ball at the beginning?
- Should the position of the ball or the orientation of the robot be randomized in order to make it impossible to rely purely on odometry?