in addition to the voting results, the following issues have been fixed in the new rule draft:
- Fixed a number of typos
- Line 409: added that it is also forbidden to communicate the orientation how the robot re-enters the field (meaning from which side it enters) as a clarification to position.
- Line 395: “Any other computers of team members are only allowed to communicate by tethered LAN.” is not crossed out anymore (that was a mistake)
- Line 405: added that pressing buttons to start or stop general behavior is allowed as communication as well (many teams use it to soften the motors when they have to pick them up from the field and I think this should be generally allowed)
- Line 1345: added "A manually placed goal keeper has to be within the team’s own goal area touching the goal line. A manually positioned striker can take any legal position within the team’s own half
- Line 1358: added “The striker for dropped ball may be positioned at any legal position within the team’s own half outside of the center circle.”
- Replaced “drop ball” with “dropped ball” (which is used in FIFA wording)
- Line 1320: Added a robot handler in AdultSize may not communicate with a robot in any way, including verbal, while the robot is in play
- Line 417: Added that only for Kid and Teen Size no humans are allowed on the field.
- Added the forfeit rule to Section 2 right before “Gameplay”
- Line 252: Added the clarification that “consists of” can also mean a broken robot on the side of the field: If a team has not at least one player (who may be incapable to play) at the side of the field, it is considered a forfeit.
- In Section 2, added that overtime is only applied if the ball reached any of the goal lines (taken from the 2015 rules) and added that teams may agree to skip the regular penalty kicks and proceed to the extended ones right away (which was applied the last two years anyway).
- Suspended the rule in line 1171 that penalty kicks continue after the five trials if both have the same amount of goals.
- Moved the rule how free kicks are signaled from “free kick” to “procedure” section
- Line 920: clarified that the shoot is not retaken if an opponent is closer than the minimal allowed distance, but that the opponent suffers a removal penalty
- Line 650: Fixed that the ball only needs to be touched and not moved to be in play (to be consistent with the other RoboCup specific rules)
- Added Philipp in the acknowledgement for his help with the LaTeX file
- Line 838: No yellow cards for leaving the field
- Line 838: No yellow cards for not respecting the required distance for corner kicks, free kicks and throw-ins (it is defined elsewhere that a 30 seconds removal penalty applies)
- Line 1200: Inserted “(new) or which are suffering from a removal penalty or are currently in service” – otherwise some teams might not have any robot left for a penalty shoot-out
You can find the latest version of the rule draft (which is NOT final yet) in the official git repository and you can also check the specific changes by using the git function to display changes within the last commit.
If you have any concerns about the rule draft, found mistakes or feel that there is something missing from the rule discussion that has not been picked up or voted on, post it here or email the TC directly until the end of this week. We are undergoing a final review of the draft within the TC as well and will publish the final version of the rules next week.