Information to image upload into our cloud

As result of our discussion (RoHOW2015) we all came to the conclusion to upload images in the png format (RGB channels).
if possible the images should include this protobuf header as meta-data ( Protobuf format ) .

Do you need a field name inside the PNG Metadata? If so, what name should we use then?

what do you mean with “field name”? do you have an example?

I do not know how PNG Metadata are organized. But I thought that it works like a key - value store. So I can for example search for the key (field name): “Camera-Type” or something like this and get the model of the camera that produced this PNG. If this is the case we need a key(field name) which will hold our protobuf metadata object.

ah, yes! a field name for the png entry is needed. maybe we could use just “protobuf” as field name? so everyone reading “protobuf” knows how to parse it.

when uploading your images, please only upload your OWN images and not the ones from other teams to prevent duplicates.
@Hulks: could you remove our images from your cloud upload please? because we’ve planned to add the same images within a bigger dataset in the next days.

I routed this post to the responsible person and we will remove the pictures.