- Line 143 allows goal posts to be made out of metal. This may pose a risk to the robots, amongst other things because it is conductive and under certain circumstances could contribute to an electrical failure.
- Not to conflict with the game colours, can the goal net be specified to not contain green and/or white?
- Robots might be made out of metal either, so teams should prevent their robots from getting an electrical failure by touching metal anyway. In my opinion is it much more common anyway that robots walk into other robots, compared to robots walking into the goal posts. So I don’t see a problem with metal goal posts.
- I don’t have an opinion on that.
Law 4 reads: “A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself…”.
I would expect the net to kind of merge with the background, such that the actual color will not play that much of a role. If we feel the net needs to be specified, we could do this in section 2, but since it is not part of the FIFA rules, we must not in 2050 and should not somewhen between now and 2050.
- Maike: Good point
- Still, we don’t think it would be too much to ask, or make it more difficult for local RoboCup organisers to specify that at least the net isn’t white or green. That still leaves the options wide open…
- I will include it in the voting among the TC members